International Relations Department provides two options of classes: international program conducted in English and regular program conducted in Bahasa Indonesia. Normally, we offer the international program which are conducted in English for foreign students in many schemes, such as exchange program, sit-in, and full time study program.
Our department has been assessed by the National Board of accreditation; and our grade is “A” for four times which recently has been awarded in 2014. The accreditation “A” makes so much different on the way we continue running this department and the way people look at us. We, of course continue the good work to keep this accreditation A in the next assessment and people keep coming to us to join us as part of the big family of International Relations of UMY.
The Vision of IR UMY is: To be an excellent and Islamic department of international relations in Southeast Asia in 2020 (Terwujudnya Program Studi Hubungan Internasional yang unggul dan Islami kawasan Asia Tenggara pada Tahun 2020)
The Mission of IR UMY are:
- Conducting international quality education and teaching in order to produce high knowledge graduates which mastering in international relations, have Islamic personality, and competence in diplomacy, business, multinational, and transnational society.
- Conducting research in international relations which contribute to the policy formulation and to enrich knowledge.
- Conducting people’s empowerment activities based on international relations discipline and Islamic values.
Several facilities are available to support teaching process, such as:
1. Multimedia Class Every class is equipped with the LCD screen and its audio. In addition, air conditioner is set in every room which will make the teaching process even more comfortable.
2. Free Internet Access All areas within the university is available for accessing internet.
3. Diplomacy Simulation Room It can be used in practicing their knowledge in negotiation such as UN Simulations.
4. Laboratory of IR This lab is equipped with the literature of IR materials which many students find it useful for their thesis.